Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The CHAIR works!


Anyone that knows our little Keaton knows the struggle we have had with sleep. He slept through the night for 2 weeks when he was 6 mos old and has not looked back since :) He is otherwise a good boy with this slight flaw. For the first year and a half I would have to lay by him and get him to sleep then woke 5-8 times a night with him. I REALLY felt we have a breakthrough when we got a King bed about 6 mos. ago and I decided the first time he woke up I would bring him in bed with us.

Lee has complained from the begining about feet, head, etc in his back. Some friends of mine suggested 2 weeks ago a book entitled " Good night Sleep Tight" by Kim West. The premise is you set a chair by their bed for three nights that you sit in while they fall asleep. The next three nights it is 1/2 way across the room, 3 nights in the door, 3 nights out the door. Within a week he was going to sleep in under 5 min with no crying (it used to take him up to an hour with me laying by him or rocking him). He also is coming in our bed later and later with the last 3 out of 4 nights him sleeping all night in his bed. All with no real crying or hassle.

THANK YOU JILL AND LINDA!!!!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Success at last!!! I am so excited for you! I know that has been a real stuggle and I am glad you found a solution. Great job! Now go get some sleep....or whatever else you have been missing with him in the bed ;)

Andy and Kimi said...

Yeah for you and yeah for Keaton!!