Sunday, December 2, 2007







At this time of year when we think about giving and receiving gifts I think of the many gifts we have received over the years. I think the most important gift my in-laws ever gave Lee and through Lee, Keaton and I is the gift of hard work. I have never known anyone that has the work ethics of Lee. He will be the first one to tell you it was learned working by his Dad. The 6 kids of Lees' family grew up as farmers. They ate from the garden and from the meat slaughtered from their cows. Lee tells me all the time stories of his Dad teaching him how to be a man and how to work hard by example. I was thinking about it this weekend when a huge snowstorm hit. I had to smile as Lee got ready to go out and shovel snow. He got Keaton ready too, handed him a little shovel and the two of them got busy. I found them having cleared our drive and moved on clearing our neighbor on either side. I am glad little Keaton is learning work is fun, and important. Thank you Papa Palmer for a great legacy!

1 comment:

Amy said...

That is so sweet! Lee is a great guy and you two have the cutest little boy! What a wonderful lesson to teach your children! You are a inspiration to me!