Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas!!!


Well, well, well, Lee is disappointed in me again. Every year he would love for me to send out nice handwritten Christmas cards with a nice picture to all our family and friends. Each year I plan to and it never happens. My sisters are very good about it. Lees brothers wife Rachelle does great ones each year that are even entertaining. This year I am doing an e-mail update again. I at least would like to touch base with all our family and friends and wish them a Merry Christmas and update them on our life.

Lee has had a great year. He graduated in May with a Bachelors in Business Information Systems. He really is not into the field though and has wanted to just move up in quality. Last week he got a promotion to the manufacturing engineering dept. at his work. He is THRILLED with the new job and financially it should help out a ton. He will be able to get some great experience and be able to finish his Masters in the next couple of years. With me taking a step down this year and going part-time he is hoping this year to get in more skiing and golfing....always worth hoping :) He loves his time with his family; Lee and Keaton are thick as thieves. They love to do "guy" stuff together when Mom is working.

My biggest news of the year is no more 50 hour work weeks for me! After 15 years of managing retail stores I feel I am living the "sweet life" with my mere 20 hour work week. Keaton and I spent the warm months going to parks everyday, and the cold ones finding adventures indoor. I have remembered I like to cook and finished up a 3 mos goal of no repeats on dinner. I also have started reading again. I LOVED the Twilight series and am waiting anxiously for the next one.

Keaton, I guess he sums it up when he says, "I'm BUSY". His favorites are cousins, grandparents, jumping off of things way too high for a 2 year old to jump off, "helping" Mom in the kitchen, tractors, Cars movie, NURSERY, blocks, parks, WATER (frozen, pool, sink, or any other variety), and his big love books. He keeps us laughing whether it is his penguin imitation, or his crazy dancing. We can't imagine life without him.

As a family this year we have had a ball. We went on two family camps this year, (BACK TO BACK and I made it) it was good to catch up with family and Keaton had a great time in all the dirt. Our big fun was this Spring when we went to Oahu with Garrets' family. We had such a great time snorkeling, eating fruit, sight seeing, enjoying the sun and are ready to go back. We also went to Colorado Springs to visit my Aunt Lynn again. We love to visit with her every year and this was no exception in her new location. We drove Pikes peak (you should have seen the perma-grin on Lees' face), and saw the beautiful Garden of the Gods.

We wish you all the best for the new year. We would love to have visitors if you are in town. Come back often this year and check out our new adventures.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Merry Christmas to you too! I love you guys and wish you a GREAT 2008!