Saturday, December 8, 2007

Tagged!

I was just thinking the other day that for a Blog I maintain it really does not have much about me. I was then starting to panic that I was loosing my identity, you know those ladies that their kids move out, husband dies, and they don't even know they don't like Ketchup on their fries. SO...I am glad Amy tagged me, I can take a look at 7 things about me and take you along for the ride :)

1. I was first chair violin in our High School Orchestra. I still take my violin out and play to myself (Lee has yet to hear). Actually as a young child my Mom had an acquaintance that was a self proclaimed psychic. She told my Mom when I was very little that I would always love to make my own music rather then listen to someone else's, she was right. I would rather play the piano, sing, or play violin then listen to a CD. Actually except for Christmastime I rarely put in a CD. As a second part to that I used to compete on piano and violin and actually did quite well.

2. I have always liked to be in charge (maybe this isn't a news flash). As a child I would boss around my 5 siblings even though I wasn't the oldest. I was a store manager for 15 years (I was the first manager they broke their 21 year age on). I like to think I really am a good follower too but I do like to be in charge :)

3. I love to travel. I think I really realized that after I got out on my own. My parents had taken us to Mexico to camp on the beach every summer, or to Utah to see Grandma but that was about the extent of it. I was really blessed shortly after I moved here to meet my dear friend Mindie. She really taught me how to enjoy the single life. To this day I cannot plan a trip like Mindie. I sure do try though. I am excellent at finding the best deal. The three of us went to Oahu for a week in March and stayed in a nice Condo on the beach. The flights, rental car, and hotel were under $2,000/week for all of us!

4. I can sniff out a deal like no one I know (see above). As a kid my Mom would buy presents for us at TJ Maxx or ROSS and would cut off the price on the tag but highlight the "compare to" price. We Earleys' love ourselves a deal. My family always teases me when I tell them a price for something it is never the regular price since I don't pay that. I am one of those people you hate to be in line behind at Wal-Mart because I have them price match everything (I do try to go at off hours though so there usually isn't someone behind me :).

5. Lee is my best friend, and Keaton is a close second. Maybe most people already know this, but it makes up a big part of me. The sun rises and sets on my little family. I never knew I would love so deeply in this life. I never imagined such happiness. I love to be around them, they are so funny (especially together). Lee pampers me and puts me first always, I do the same for him. I think that is our little secret to a happy marriage :) Truth be told little Mcgeats -puts no one before him, and that is the secret to his happy life, oh well!

6. I have 3 sisters. Is there anything better?!? I talk to them most days (except Deja who is busy getting her PHD and can't take a whole lot of disruption). I talk to them about everything, cooking, cleaning, child rearing, husbands, neighbors, church, etc.

7. I really love to "go". I love to be active. I love to walk, play, see stuff, or just be outside. I love to try new things. It is great to have Keaton 'cause now I have someone 24 hours a day to tag along with me. He loves to go as much as me!

1 comment:

jamirodana said...

That's awesome to learn those things about you. I have two sister's and we talk a lot. Probably too much!
I also played the violin in HS, I didn't know that about you.
Why weren't you playing a violin number as well as singing in a quartet at our RS dinner? Hmmm...?