Tuesday, October 13, 2009

HELP!!!!

I am seriously going crazy. I need some help. Please be nice. The issue is sleep....isn't it always with my kids? Keaton is almost 4 and still doesn't sleep through the night. Savannah has been our miracle sleeper though. At 2 weeks she slept through the night and up until 6 mos mostly slept through the night with maybe one wake up here or there. Can I tell you how wonderful that has been? Can I tell you the difference it makes in your life to have a baby that sleeps....especially when you are not a necessarily "young" mother? For Keatons whole first year he woke up 7 times a night (yes 7 not a typo). I was working 45 hours a week and was happy I could spend those nights with him. When I really got too tired he was a cuddly kid and we could sleep for quite a while in the recliner. Savannah has never been a cuddler. She cannot sleep well when someone is holding her. Luckily it has been fine since she sleeps. We are going on almost a month though where she has not been a good sleeper. For the first week she woke once or twice a night. Not too bad....a little annoying but not bad. The next week she woke every couple hours. I tried everything. No luck. The next week every hour, and this last week EVERY. HALF. HOUR. Last week we ended up in urgent care over the whole thing. They thought she was congested and couldn't sleep. They said to put her down in her car seat and give her benadryl and she would be fine. It worked for one night. Last night was the worse. Every TEN minutes. You think I am kidding. She wakes up SCREAMING. It takes me about 10 minutes to calm her down. She may be teething but Motrin, Tylenol, nor teething tablets make a difference. She may have gas but Gripe water, mylicon, nor Malox work. She certainly may have allergies but she doesn't seem congested and Benadryl isn't working. Please don't suggest she "cry it out". When she gets upset she swallows so much air it puts her in pain for hours. I do wait to get her until I am sure she cannot go back to sleep. As for me.... I may "cry it out". Any ideas?

8 comments:

Amara said...

No, if she keeps waking up something is wrong. I assume they checked her ears? Even if they did, I'd maybe get them checked again if they suggested congestion. It may have moved to her ears since then, and some doctors can't see fluid behind the ears very well. It's happened to me with Ari more times than once where the Dr.s don't see it but USDB does. You had ear problems too as a baby right? You know I HAVE to say ears :)

jamirodana said...

I would think something is up too.
poor thing, and poor you too:)
Sorry Kira.

Linda said...

I don't know what's going on...but I would definitely go back to the Dr. If she was sleeping through the night for six months then she knows how to sleep...this is not a sleep issue.

Kim said...

Try some formula(soy). Maybe you're eating something her body doesn't like. Cole would cry for six hours straight every night when he was a baby and only at night. I gave him soy one night before bed and he only woke up once a night for a few weeks and then started sleeping the whole way through just by giving him that instead.

Unknown said...

I totally think you should take her in to the Dr. Probably an ear infection and/or sinus infection. With Isaac we can only tell if something is wrong like that by his sleep habits. Otherwise, nothing. Has she had any drainage from her ears?

lesley said...

You will be at the doctor tomorrow right? Hopefully she has some idea of what the problem might be. That is strage. You know me and sleep, I am not the person to ask for advice. My dad asked me the other day when Abigail finally started sleeping through the night, I told him when she was old enough that I could finally tell her to just go to sleep.

belann said...

Hopefully, you will find out the answer soon, or she will just start sleeping. I have told you all that I know.

Anonymous said...

time.

sorry, that's all I have for you. Mary started sleeping through the night at 5 1/2.