Sunday, March 6, 2011

Florida Part 2

Lee and I are pretty bummed at ourselves. We really didn't get a great picture of our family at Disneyworld. I guess we will have to go back :) Here is a look at our Disney adventures.

This was taken at Downtown Disney. They have these ladies sprinkling "princess dust" on the kids. It makes them stop I think and look in the store. We had them do a dusting on Annie but Keaton wanted in on the action. Good thing the other lady had a "pirate duster" :).

This is the fountain at downtown Disney. You can't see the fountain well but this shows:
A. the great weather (at night even we were fine in short sleeves)
B. look at that girls hair! All I do is comb it and it comes out like that. I am just amazed at the convenience since I don't know that I have the patience to put a lot of time into kid hair :)
C. I forgot to flip some of the pictures...ugh.

This is the kids and I with the classic Epcot shot. I was surprised at how well we liked Epcot. We LOVED Soarin', and Keaton and Lee LOVED the Mission to Mars ride.


The back part of Epcot you go "around the world" and can stop at an attraction in each "country". Our favorite was Mexico. It had a fun Donald Duck ride that was fun for all of us.

Savannah has a great ability to sleep anywhere. That is what makes it possible to do so many fun things with her. It is a pretty convenient feature of this little lady!
This is Savannah and Keaton "testing" the Dumbo ride at Magic Kingdom. Savannah still thought it was "TOO SCARY"!




We really liked the Animal Kingdom! Keaton loved the Dinosaur fast ride (although Keaton loved EVERY fast and scary ride). They both loved to climb on these big statues!
This is waiting for the Kilimanjaro adventure ride. We got fast passes so we ate our lunch while we waited (we brought tons of lunch stuff and snacks in a cooler to keep from buying food there). The Kilimanjaro ride took by Jeep through Africa and showed many animals. Savannah was a big fan.

Our FAVORITE part of the Animal Kingdom was the Lion King Show. OH MY GOODNESS it was great! Keaton even got to be a part of it. Not so sure how "ready" for show biz he was though. He kept that one hand in his pocket the whole time with an "awkward" look on his face. He was glad he did it though.
The boys had to go on the fast Dino ride ONE MORE TIME so Annie and I waited for them. She was a pretty good sport with whatever and when worse came to worse a Dumdum sucker would buy her love again :)
P.S. We also LOVED the bug show at Disneyworld. It was 3-d and interactive. Pretty great!
This is Savannah and I on Small World. ABSOLUTELY her favorite ride. I think we went on like 6 times! I didn't really think about it but most of the rides (even the kids rides) have a "SCARY" element. She would whisper in my ear SCARY! She was a pretty good sport but Small World she couldn't get enough of.
She also loved this outside play area. I hated to spend a ton of time there because it was just a little park (that we could go to for FREE in any city).

We really loved our trip and mostly loved spending time as a family. We are thinking in 10 years or so we will have to go back....we HOPE we can wait that long!










7 comments:

Terry Earley said...

I get to be first!

I loved these pictures, except they made us miss the kids even more. So glad you had fun and got some pictures so we can share.

Amara said...

Well it came up! Love the pictures. It makes me want to go! Jeff's talking houseboat on Lake Powell though instead...

Kim said...

The kiddos are getting so much bigger!!! Not to mention there is another one coming and I won't get to be there everyday to see "it"! Miss you guys! Glad you had fun!

Kara said...

I bet it was kind of exhausting to do that trip with little people, hey? Looks like some good memories were made, though.

Amy said...

I am so glad you had fun at WDW! It is my favorite place on earth!

belann said...

Your dad was right. We really miss you guys. So glad you had a good time.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had fun. Wish we could have come too.