Monday, January 28, 2008

Baby it's cold outside!

Am I the only one out there that is sick and tired of all this SNOW?!? I moved here when I was 25 from San Diego. When I moved here I didn't even own a coat. I had never needed one. This year has been awful for me. I told Lee last night that another winter like this and I am going to start looking for a job for him in San Diego. My Uncle told me once that until I "embraced" the snow and "enjoyed" (WHAT?!?) it I would be miserable. So, here I am miserable. Anyone have any snow enjoyment ideas?
P.S. Notice my little Keaton has learned to embrace it. He still is thrilled with the white stuff.

5 comments:

Tif said...

I absolutely agree. The groundhog had better have some good news for us next week.

lesley said...

Okay, don't hate me but I have thought it has been really fun this year! Here is what helps me: 1. you could be living in the north east where schools are closed because the wind chill is so cold and you can't even walk out to the garage with out full blown winter gear (man I don’t miss that!) 2. I just imagine how ugly it is when there isn't snow. Everything is just brown and dead, I think the snow is much prettier, and 3. If Keaton can love it just love that if nothing else! Try snuggling up with some hot chocolate and make a marshmallow snowman. Or if you would rather revolt against it crank up the heat and have a beach party in your living room! We should go sledding together!

Coco said...

I totally agree. I told Tim when he graduates in December he can only apply for jobs in warm states because I am SICK of the snow and I have lived here all my life.

And I have made 4 snowmen with Noah this year, but it hasn't helped.

The Firths said...

I too am done with the snow this year...we were snowed in yesterday...quite literally, the snow was over the front bumper of the car and up to at least half the door. YUCK!!! I'm ready for a break, but they say that it isn't comming anytime soon. At least Mat is happy that it makes it that much better for skiing.

Amy said...

I have mixed emotions with the snow. I like it to be pretty and not icy on the roads. If it is going to be so freaking cold in my mind it better be snowing, if not it just isn't worth me freezing. I wish I did more skiing and stuff. I watch the snow more then go out in it.