Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Mourning

Is this normal? Yesterday I packed my first box. It was so sad for me! I always knew this day would come. This little starter house has been wonderful, but small.
I was thinking last night how I still miss the house Lee and I rented in Bountiful right after we were married. It was even smaller then this. The shower was so small you couldn't shave your leg's, the front door you could see daylight through multiple cracks, it was just a tiny little 2 bedroom....BUT it was our first home, our first Christmas, the first place we cooked dinner together, our first yard. I now feel that same sort of nostalgia for this place. I am sad to leave the home we picked out from the ground up, the home we brought Keaton home to, the home that we had Keaton on Billi lights for a month in, that front room that I rocked my little preemie in night after night after night because he couldn't figure out how to sleep, the neighborhood where Lee would be sure the snow was gone not only on our drive but the neighbors too, sweet little old Pat next door, our great ward, Abigail and Andrew, the list goes on and on.....
How can we leave?!?
Do you still feel nostalgic for any of your old nests or am I finally certifiable :)?

8 comments:

Laurel said...

No way! I would no doubt feel the same way about our little house.

Amy said...

I know I do! Our previous homes were apartments and when we got done I was ready to be done living there. However, now I look and think of the fun things that we did in each of them and more importantly the people we met because we lived there. It is hard to move, but good because it just means you are growing more memories and making more friends!

Tif said...

I'm equally as sad to see you go, but excited about the new adventures that await you in your new house and neighborhood. Your new house sounds perfect. I'm so happy for you. You will be missed here, but thank goodness for blogs we can still keep in touch!

Coco said...

I was ready to leave my apartment when we did, and I think I will feel the same way about our house now, I may miss it, but I can't wait to have a place with MORE space!

lesley said...

When i first read this i thought, no way, i was so ready to leave every time we have moved. But when i think about it almost all of them were really special to me and i do have very fond memories of them (except the first, i will never miss that one). Even each of the 3 almost identical Wymount apartments we lived in were special in their own way! Your new house will have it's own set too! Even your heart broken friends will soon be replaced by new neighbors :( just kidding of course! But we will miss having you so close!

Shawnee said...

I feel the same way you do. I was so excited to move out of our first apartment and into something we owned, but I cried for days after we left. :) Every time I drive by that place, I get nostalgic too. The apartments weren't great by any means, but the memories and friends we made there were.

The Firths said...

So, I'm not sure that makes you certifiable. It has been a great house for you. We're excited for the new adventures and all that.

Hope things are well. The offer still stands to help and Jen will have some things for you in the next few weeks. Let us know if you'd like help.

Unknown said...

You're making me teary-eyed while I think of that same process looming in our not-to-distant future. Sniff...sniff...I wanna move...I don't wanna move...sniff...sniff...