Thursday, June 12, 2008

So today is the big day. It is interesting I am excited for the new adventure. Lees' Mom used to call us Gypsy's all the time because we couldn't stay in one place (we moved 4 times the first year of our marriage). I guess it is that blood finally catching me that is making me happy for change. I passed off all my Primary President things this week (the new lady will be awesome). That is the real sad thing. I can't say I was the most organized for those kids, I certainly wasn't the most profound, I wasn't wonderful at attending the million meetings, but I LOVED each and every one of those kids. I can't think of a one of them that I won't miss horribly. I have watched them grow, I have watched them for as many years as I have watched Keaton. I know their hearts, I know sometimes when you think they are not listening....they are. I know they try sometimes SO hard to do exactly whats right and their little bodies just CAN'T sit still. I will miss them. They are my friends.

8 comments:

jamirodana said...

AMEN! Thanks for making me cry Kira!!

The Firths said...

Very touching comments. The new adventures will be great!

Looking forward to helping on Saturday!!!!

lesley said...

You will be missed too! I know at least one little guy who isn't so sure about all this.

Amy said...

I am sure you were wonderful in everything and with everyone! I love you you inspire me!

Gina said...

We're sad to have you guys go. Caleb is getting lonely as people keep moving away. You did an awesome job in Primary...and I can say that because I served with you. Seriously. You'll be missed.

Rachel said...

I made a blog!
http://collinrachel.blogspot.com/

Can I add you to my blog?

Rachel said...

I am not sure if I already told you today, but I now have a blog!

http://collinrachel.blogspot.com/

So, I was gone last week and the week before and this coming week Jen asked me to sub her class. I am never going to Relief Society if I can help it!

Tif said...

You are amazing and I'm sure this won't be the last time you have to opportunity to serve in a calling like this. I will miss seeing you at the stake meetings. Good luck with the move.