Friday, November 21, 2008

Cold

We are cold today. Our furnace was "condemned" yesterday and we were too scared by the spiel to turn it back on. It makes me realize though that the cold is on it way. EEK! I am paralyzed by the cold. We grew up in San Diego. When I moved here I didn't even own a jacket. I only remember once growing up that my parents bothered to get us winter coats. All 8 of us got in the old van and went to K-mart to try on and put on layaway. I don't think I wore that jacket too much, just no need.
Keaton and I have decided this cold thing is not cool. We cuddled under my blankets way too long and then got out only to make up some steamy mugs of cocoa. The furnace man is coming today so HOPEFULLY we can feel the warmth again. It actually is working out rather well. When they condemned us yesterday I freaked, 4K right by Christmas is a chunk. I panicked until the thought came to me to call my fellow dealmeister friend Lisa. She reminded me the house is under warranty......YAHOO (Lisa we owe you some Red Iguana!)!!!! SO, the warranty company will put in our furnace to last the next 20 years for......a FIFTY FIVE DOLLAR copay. I feel blessed.
So, we will endure this cold as we wait for warmer days. Here are a couple of warm memories from the last couple of months. Enjoy.

Keaton and I like to go to Tracy Aviary. This last time we were able to feed the Sun Conures. We really lucked out. There were only 2 kids so they got to feed all the apples to the birds. CLEARLY Keaton liked to watch them from a distance BEFORE they thought his sweatshirt was cool and decided to check it out closer. MUCH MUCH better........

We love to go to Bountiful Lake. It is real near our home and has a nice walking path.

What I really needed a picture of at this lake was the 18" fish this guy caught. It was UNREAL. Here is Keaton trying his luck with a stick.




6 comments:

belann said...

Sorry you are cold. Nothing worse. Great pictures of Keaton with the birds.

Amara said...

Yeah, those are beautiful birds. Hope your furnace comes soon.

Kira said...

A week to 10 days on the furnace. They came today and they are going to replace the coil to (another 1500 bucks). SO.... all together the warranty will save us 5K.... not too shabby.

Deja said...

I like the birdies. Remind me of the lorikeets at Wild Animal Park.

Did you guys at least get some space heaters? Those can really help.

The Firths said...

The furnace thing is lousy. Glad that you can get out at least and see some awesome birds.

By the way, Dana takes wonderful pictures. Thanks for the recommendation.

Amy said...

WOW Keaton is getting so big and brave. I am impressed he was so calm with those birds all over him!