Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Olan MIlls

When we were young I think my parents bought an "Olan Mills timeshare" type of thing. Year after year we would go and get our pictures taken. So I nearly died laughing when I came across this great stroll down memory lane of the great "art" Olan Mills was putting out at the time (seriously if you were born in the 70's you will LOVE it). I had to go look at some of our Olan Moments. I think this is one of my favorites. Now remember my parents CHOSE this one. This one was clearly the best. You gotta love how I am the only one looking at the camera. Either the photographer and I were confused or my siblings. You gotta love the "country meadow" we hiked to in our church clothes to get this shot.
P.S. Amara, nice shawl.


6 comments:

Deja said...

I like Garret's happy face. Someone must have had a bag of Doritos over there.

Kira said...

I like his cocked arms too. Perfect Garret pose.

Amy said...

I think the old Olan Mills pictures are perfect so representative of the time. I sometimes wonder what will be the pose we look back on and laugh at in 30 years.

Lynn said...

We all loved those pictures. Don't make fun. Ha Ha, I must have dozens of these pictures of you kids.
Love them,
Aunt Lynn

Unknown said...

Taaahaaa! I LOVE these old photos. They're such a crack-up!

belann said...

Hey, those were good pictures. I love those kids. Amara's dress was really cool at the time.