Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas

In case you were wondering Christmas DOES come without chocolate.... Amara was wrong. We had a nice Christmas. We have been so busy with family activities (you would never imagine how many) and trying to keep my blood sugar in line I haven't blogged in awhile. I hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas. Here are our highlights:

On my Mom's side there are 25 of us cousins. We don't get together a ton since my Grandparents died but we have been close our whole lives before that. Last summer I planned a camp out for the group. I was thrilled at the attendance. This year we had a Christmas party. We had almost the whole group again. I think we all really miss the times we have had together, with most of us married and a nice starter crop of kids it was quite the group. I don't think I got any "great" pictures but here are some. Here are 3 of my Mom's 4 brothers and my Dad.

Here are the great grandkids that were there. I can hear my Grandma now, "aren't they all just wonderful!"
We had Christmas day at my Mom's. Here are our 3 one year olds right now, we sure love 'em (in case you were wondering the two are Garrets twins, the third one is Gavins little Maggie.... no they didn't know they were going to match).

This is from Christmas eve at my house. Kai refused to be Joseph so my elegant Mother stepped up. Keaton was a pretty fidgety Wise Man.


Santa came to our Ward Party. Who do you think was the first on Santas lap before they even finished the announcement? It is amazing, he has been telling me lately that he is 15. He disclosed his real age though to get up there with the 3 and younger group. He is certainly our Crazy K.

Merry Christmas and a happy new year!!!




4 comments:

Deja said...

Good job doing a real Chirstmas post. I really ought to. But why, when you've compiled such a good one here? It was a lovely Chirstmas, indeed.

Amara said...

You got a great picture of the nativity! I just had partials. MY Christmas has never come without chocolate!

belann said...

Nice capture of our wonderful Christmas!!! We loved every minute of it.

Unknown said...

You have such a big and fun family! I'm glad to hear you had a good Christmas without chocolate...though I don't have THAT much myself...it's all about the egg nog for me. MMmmmm!!!