Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Learning?


This year we have been trying to read the scriptures each night as a family. We have done really well this time with it thanks to Keaton. He really LOVES it. We all pile in our bed and read one chapter. Keaton reminds us each night to "read our scriptions". I thought we were making real progress and he was remembering the stories. The other day I rewarded his effort by getting him his own missionary pass out type copy to read from. It has pictures in front which CLEARLY make it better then Lee and my copies. I was THRILLED as he went through the pictures and he could name the pictures of Christ and Joseph Smith. When he got to this picture, he told me..."hey Mom, that is the guy on the boat after he cut that guys head off with the sword.... that was COOL!". I guess we all get different things out of our readings :)

7 comments:

Shawnee said...

Out of the mouth of babes, right? I miss seeing your cute family! I hope all is well with baby #2 on the way! :)

Unknown said...

How incredibly cute...plus it sounds just like something a boy would say! Haaa! Gotta love that!

belann said...

That's our Keats!

The Firths said...

You know, I never got that from that picture. Awesome insights! He's funny.

Hope all is going well (and quickly)

Andy and Kimi said...

Love boys! We asked Tanner who he liked in the Book of Mormon and he said Captain Moroni. When we asked why he said it's because he has a sword and fights.

Amy said...

What good parents you guys are! I can't wait to have our own little boy! He is a doll!

Anonymous said...

hey! He's listening! That's a classic.