Sunday, May 17, 2009

A few things I LOVE...


I was heartbroken when Wal-mart discontinued their White Cloud diapers. I used those all the time with Keaton and they worked great for about 1/2 the price of the "national brands". I thought diapers would be a budget breaker with this little miss. I was thrilled though to find Target has a store brand as well. I gave them a try. They are GREAT!!! At $5 for 56 diapers they are a wowza! I have used them 2 mos. and have only have them leak 2x. Granted both times were at baby showers so maybe she just wanted outta there? They work out to be 1/2 the price of buying diapers at Costco....so maybe worth a try?
The second thing is GRIPE WATER. Have you ever heard of this? It is a natural thing with ginger and fennel. It eases colic, upset stomach, gas, and reflux. My sister Meesh suggested it (Meesha has a new baby too). It is a miracle. Savannah can be crying bloody murder and within a minute she is asleep. It is a must have for anyone with a new baby to have in their arsenal.
Lastly is one that you may like even without a new baby :) My friend Lisa and I just joined Bountiful Baskets . It is a produce co-op. It really is a cool deal. You pay $15 on Weds. and then on Sat. you go pick up a laundry basket of produce. This week my $15 got:
2 HUGE heads of Romaine
1 honeydew
5 small mangos
6 oranges
3 apples
10 bananas
1 big spaghetti squash
2 red peppers
2 cucumbers
6 pears
8 red potatoes
6 big tomatoes
I think for me it makes us think of new ways to use the produce and will help us eat better. You don't have to commit you can stop or start anytime. Right now it is in Northern Utah but Lisa is trying to get them to come more central.

5 comments:

For His Glory said...

We did a prodcue co-op which sounds similar to your's when we lived in San Angelo. I loved it!

the pictures of the kids are so nice. They are beautiful!! Take care.

Linda said...

I've been hearing lots of good things about Target diapers lately! I may have to give them a try! I use Target formula and it is great...and VERY inexpensive! Anything to save a little money these days :)

belann said...

You really did get a lot of produce for $15. Would be nice if it came south.

Anonymous said...

We need to try the Target brand next. We have to finish off our Costco sized box of Huggies first though.

Amara said...

glad the coop is working out. Did you go with A&Z?