Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Itty Bitty Ball

Keaton just finished up Itty Bitty Ball last week. I was so thrilled to get him in it this summer. Our city does this program for kids 3-5. They spend a week learning basketball, a week on baseball (his favorite was when they used water balloons to practice catching and wading pools for bases), and a week on soccer. Keaton loves to play so he couldn't pick a favorite. He loved them all. After the first week when I asked him what his favorite part was he said, "I love it when I make a basket and I can hear you say GO KEATON"....sweet. He had a lot of his good friends on his "team". His good friend Zach he met at swim lessons, Joshua (the rocket neighbor :), and Joshua from when he was in nursery (yep 2 Josh's). We will definitely have to sign up again next year (best spent $24 of the year). His only disappointment.....he was sure he was going to get a trophy at the end like his cousins (I really tried to clear that up at the beginning....he KNEW I was wrong :(.


Keaton and Zach with the HUGE ball they used the last day to play "crab soccer".

Keaton kicking Zach instead of the ball.....REALLY I am trying to teach him.
Had to include one of our little Vanny girl :)

6 comments:

Amara said...

My trouble with Ari every time. I try to help her not get disappointed, but I'm never right....until I AM. Then she's crestfallen.

belann said...

So glad he enjoyed the experience. That's a good first step to life long activity.

Hansen Family said...

What a fun thing for Keaton! That is such a great idea to introduce kids!!

Loved the picture of the little girl - she is such a cutie!!

Unknown said...

Allie loved the class we had her in like that about a year ago. Haven't found one yet in our new area, sad. Thankheavens for swimming lessons! Can't believe how cute Savannah is, though! Aw...

For His Glory said...

I'm so glad Keaton was able to try out sports and liked it. Baby girl is a cutie!

Terry Earley said...

He will have no trouble in school or on teams. What a fun boy!