Sunday, December 5, 2010

A Christmassy sort of week!

This has been a Christmassy sort of week. We found plenty of things to do to put us in the spirit. The kids I think have enjoyed actually getting out of the house after our hiatus. These are in not in chronological order but they are all from this week.

Last night we went to the Sunnyside Lighted Farm Implement parade. We got there last minute and got great parking and seats (although it is one of the largest Farm Implement Parades in the nation:). Lee REALLY loved it. I was cold. I don't know what my deal is but with Lee's HUGE gloves, my wool coat, a fleece jacket, and the wool hat Lee's Mom knitted me I still froze. The kids stayed pretty cozy....I guess that is what matters right?
This one is out of order but that morning Lee's work had a kid Christmas party. You can see that Anna thought Santa was really "coooool". The GE Santa even gave them BIG toys....still didn't soften her. Oh, Vanna sometimes you can be a hard nut to crack.

This was our favorite float of the implement parade. It pretty much was an hour of this. This is a lighted Combine. If you don't know what a combine is you are in good company :)
This is some documentation as to why we are not good renters. I was so pleased the other night when Anna was not under my feet while I was making dinner (someday I will have to post a pic of my TINY kitchen). About 5 minutes later I heard her screaming. I followed the ruined walls and found she had closed herself in Keatons room. You have to appreciate the time she spent on the artwork. You can see below that she had CLEARLY been locked in Keatons room for awhile before she realized she couldn't get out.....


P.S. Crayola marker doesn't come off wall.....

Our Stake had a live Nativity Thurs night. It was SO well done. We really enjoyed hearing the songs and the true store of Christmas. The kids even sat there pretty good and listened. I have to say I think it was my favorite thing we did this week.
We also went out with some friends on Weds. My cousin-in-law Taunzia's brother's family lives up here. They invited us to Kids Castle . Keaton, Vanna and I really had a great time. They really needed a day out with kids.
All in all we are getting more and more adjusted to living here. I still can't say I like it....I can say it is an adventure though!






9 comments:

Amara said...

Well thanks for posting about it. ummm...that is A LOT of marker. Carp. Did you try the nail polish remover?

The Firths said...

Jen suggests Mr. Clean Magic Eraser or some of her weird laundry soap mixed in a solution would take it right off.

Deja said...

I'm loving that picture of little Vannah. And her art work, too ...

Glad you're getting more adjusted and finding things to do.

Farm implement parade? That sounds weird enough to be cool.

Launie said...

I like Vannahs art work. Looks alot like the inside of Katie's closet. Only that is my brown eyeshadow applied with my good Sephora makeup brushes....

Kira said...

O.K. Ladies, no on magic clean eraser, no on nail polish remover, no on hand sanitizer.....running out of options! Ugh, I think I am going to make her a shirt, "I LIVE to DESTROY!!!!".

belann said...

Think you need to try white paint next. Yakima sounds like a really Christmasy place. Enjoy all you can.

Mindie said...

Love all the pics. It looks like you are having a great time exploring your new surroundings. The pictures of the waterfalls in portland were particularly lovely.

Unknown said...

Oh, that Vannah! What will we do w/ her! Did you try soft scrub? I swear that stuff works everywhere! I think that parade would've been freakin' awesome to us too! I mean, who wouldn't just die to see a columbine all lit up like that!!! HOLY COW!

Amy said...

What a little artist! Maybe she needs one of those art easels?