Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter Fun!

We survived another holiday without family :) The kids and I thought we were going to be on our way to Utah but this little baby in my belly had other ideas. We are already worrying about he/she coming early and this last week was the worst! SO....we stayed with Dad and enjoyed another perfectly lovely day here. I REALLY struggle to get a decent picture out of these 2. This was the best. Pretty sad, eh? I really miss my friend Dana. She could have snapped a great one for us!

This was our try in the front yard. Keaton would NOT take his hand off her face. "The SUN is in her EYES Mom!" you can see it in his face. He was NOT going to let it go so we abandoned that idea (although I still love this picture because it shows how very protective he is of this little lady).

Savannah hated the dress (which is actually why we HAVE the dress her cousin Brinlee is the same age and hated the dress too). About 10 times on the way to and through church she told me, "I want a DIFFERENT dress". Although, she was quite smitten with the shade of pink her nails were painted.

I was in a lot of pain so Lee took over the egg coloring. I think next year I will find some kind of "pain" so he can do it again. It was really nice to just see the finished product. Please note this is the DIFFERENT dress she wanted. She would wear this dress every hour of every day if I let her.

We had a small little egg hunt in our back yard. I only bought jelly beans (and put one Reese's egg in their basket). Keaton was a little annoyed. At Grandma Earley's the eggs have money and chocolate in them. Sorry, I just couldn't have a whole lot of chocolate around the house.

Annie was pleased with the Jelly Beans. Until she decided it was more fun to chew them up into gum then spit them out....sigh.

Ann was pleased with the books, and fake jewelry in her basket. She is still pretty easy to please.

Keaton was a jerk. He woke me up saying all the Easter Bunny brought him was "dumb art stuff". I went in the bathroom and cried for a minute. Rude kid, pregnant Mom...bad mix. Please note he had told me a week before he was really hoping for art stuff from the Easter Bunny. I knew I was in trouble when the day before he told me he was SURE the Easter Bunny was bringing him a DS. I tried to tell him the Easter Bunny doesn't have that kind of budget. He said he has his helpers MAKE them. I assured him only Santa had helpers. He is usually a really grateful un-rude kid. I think it was just unfulfilled expectations....sigh. I can't win.


We did Easter Bunny Saturday morning. I think it worked great. It really made for a nice Sabbath. I think we will do it again that way. After we did the Easter Bunny (and the rudeness) I took Keaton to his soccer game and Lee to Savannah to his works Easter Egg hunt. Keaton's team won (undefeated) and Savannah charmed the pants off Lee's co-workers. She got a big bag of little toys and a basket of eggs.

One more of the cute Easter kids. Love these little guys!

5 comments:

emily a. said...

I can't believe she Savannah hated the dress- she looked adorable in it. Is she not into twirling because it looks like a great one for that.

Kara said...

My daughter said the same thing about her dress. SHe hasn't worn it since last year and I really wanted her to wear it for a last time. Usually I stay aloof in her dressing process, but it was Easter. You know. So this other dress she wants to wear is fine, definitely not Easterish, but then I find a huge inky stain on it. HAHA! She was grumpy, but I got my way. hehe. And she looked beautiful. I even let her wear one of my necklaces and we talked about being pure in heart and the resurrection, etc. She definitely was in to the specialness of it all. By the end of Primary she was yelling, "I want this OFF! I am HUNGRY!"

Good times.

Amara said...

jelly beans in the eggs at Mom's this year. ...and the Easter bunny only left a book and a marshmallow thing, and about 6 little chocolates each. I knew if there was big time chocolate I'd just steal it all anyway so yay for cheap Easter Bunnies!

belann said...

Wonder what she didn't like about the dress...or what Brinlee didn't like. Looks cute to me, but then I'm not 2. Miss you.

Terry Earley said...

It would have made our Easter to be with you either here or there. We got neither. Just happy to get pictures and the narrative. That helps. Thanks.