Monday, April 25, 2011

There is Beauty All Around

Lee called the other morning and had me take the kids in our jammies to the nearby apple orchard (we live in apple country....there are orchards surrounding us). I grumbled about how I didn't want to go anywhere that early, but he was insistent. He has been telling us for weeks about the "iced trees". When the temp drops the farmers turn on their sprinklers at night. It makes a nice "coat" of ice to protect the buds. I am glad we went it was so lovely with the morning sun and the beautiful trees. I think it is important to take the time to enjoy those simple little gifts of beauty. It made my day.

2 comments:

Amara said...

So lovely. I love iced trees, and frosted trees from the fog. Remember the horrible inversions Utah gets? Those frosted trees are my silver lining for those days.

Team Jensen said...

Wow! That is seriously so cool looking! It would've made my day, too.