Friday, April 8, 2011

Keaton the Soccer Player

We are thrilled that Keaton gets to play soccer this year. We found a program at a church about 1/2 mile away. They have a HUGE program that teaches good values and soccer. Each week they have a practice, a game, a scripture they talk about, say a prayer, and talk about some life skill. They give them a uniform and a water bottle so Keaton's happy. Savannah LOVES to go to the Soccer BALL. She is as excited as Keaton when it is time. 5 year old soccer is a pretty funny thing to watch. This is where they finally started getting in the groove. Yep, Keaton is at least a head taller then everyone on his team :)
Keaton decided to take a little dance/ jump break. It reminded me of when I went to my brothers baseball game as a kid. He played outfield and he kept pretending to catch his head with his mitt :)
Keaton getting instruction from his coaches. He was a little nervous. His coaches are a very nice patient couple.
I can't say Keaton is the best on the team (that is for sure the coaches daughter) but what I can say is I have been impressed by how well he listen's and follows instructions. In a sea of 5 year old chaos Keaton can stop and listen and tries to do it exactly as they say. Lee told him last night THAT is how you get good at something. For me it has calmed my heart about him starting Kindergarten in the fall. He will be fine. He get's along really well with people and is good for grown ups. I love that little fella :)

5 comments:

Team Jensen said...

So cute! I wish we had those blue skies! Ours are grey and snowy...have been for a couple of days now. Sigh. Could really use some sunshine today!

Terry Earley said...

He really does have some life skills. Good home environment with parents who try to give him many, varied experiences.

Thanks for being a great mom to great kids

Amara said...

Listening. Got to be the best skill. Even if he's not the best player, I bet the other team gets outta his way when they see him coming :)

Launie said...

I am with Amara, I can hear the other moms griping about the 7yr old on a 5 yr old team!!
So glad he is liking soccer. It is fun for them to get out with other kids.

belann said...

Great experience for him. No doubt he'll be great in school. You've given him a strong foundation.