Monday, April 18, 2011

We love Kunko!

When Keaton was just a little guy he started calling my brother Garret "Kunko". Keaton and I have always had a special place in our heart's for Kunko. Our birthday's are a week apart and my Mom called us "her twins" because we are pretty similar. When other people in our family couldn't "reach" me Garret could. I would like to think with him I have always been one he could talk to too. Must be the pregnancy hormones but even now I am in tears missing him. A couple weeks ago he took his family to Portland. We were so excited because Portland is only about 3 hours away so we were excited to meet up with him. My health went to the pits that week and we weren't able to go. We did meet him in The Dalles, OR for a Sat lunch and fun. I am so glad we did. My kids LOVE those cousins and it was just was I needed to recharge. These are most of the kids (although Savannah passed). I love how at least one of Garret's lovely daughters are always "striking a pose" :)
Savannah peeking :) It's takes her a bit to warm up (although now all she can talk about is Lexa, Lana, and Booboo).
Garret is one of Lee's favorite people too. They get along really well. This is a pier we walked out on the Columbia river.
Like I said....always striking a pose :)
Kunko saying goodbye to Ann...she LOVED it (can't you tell?).

We lived about a mile from Garret for one glorious year. I love them. I hope someday it works out we can at least live in the same state again!

2 comments:

Amara said...

We wish they'd come for Easter too. Garret? Whaddya think?

Amy said...

Your whole family is great, but is awesome to have that special connection!