Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Keaton starts school!


Our little Keaton started Kindergarten this year. He was totally ready and counting down the days. The girls and I walked him to school on his first day. He was not nervous or scared at all until I turned to leave....the I saw a tiny tear. I hurried out before I broke down. Savannah had no shame she bawled like a baby :) Keaton is in Mrs. B's class. He really loves her.


He insisted on wearing his Lego Star Wars shirt and picked his friends by who commented on his shirt (except for the little girl he said liked it, "that was just awkward Mom"....oh boy's). Keaton love's school and is a good student. I was a little worried since most of the other kids had some kind of pre-school but Keaton is right up to snuff with all the other kids. I also thought he would be a head taller then all the kids....he is up there but there is even one boy that has a good couple inches and 15 pounds on Keaton. He is pretty tall for his age so that was surprising! Savannah cried the whole time he was gone. "MOOOOOMMMM we HAVE to go FIND Keaton!" She was pretty sure he was not coming back :) Of course we are all pretty excited to walk and pick him up....3 hours is a long time!

6 comments:

The Camacho Family said...

I still am having a hard time that Keaton, my twins and any of our other friends kids that we all born about the same time, are old enough to start school. I am glad that he is having a great time, so are the twins. I cried the second day which was the first full day and the first day both kids went. I thought Joshua would be more upset that he could not go in with them, but he loves HIS time at home with the computer, all the toys, and tv without the twins taking over and he does miss them. He gets excited to walk them to school and walk them home, and while we wait for Kindergarten to get out, he has fun chasing the other younger kids waiting for their siblings to come out. May this be the best year of Kindergarten for them all. :-)

belann said...

He will do wonderfully well. He is a smart kid. Always has been.

Team Jensen said...

Okay I totally LOVE his method of picking his friends! Haahaa! What a riot! Isaac was a complete wreck when Allison went to Kinder, too. Eventually we got in a routine and it wasn't a big deal at all.

Dawn said...

I just ran across Evan's first day of Kindergarten pic-made me teary even now! Love all the stages...so cliche, but you realize looking back from this side, it does go so quickly!

Launie said...

Can you believe our babies are in school?! Katie turns 6 in a week and I can hardly believe it. She is loving school here and loves riding the bus!

Amara said...

He'll do great! That's Kai with the shirt. He'd wear the same stinking (literally ) shirt all week if I wasn't watching out for it. I've sent him back to "rechange" a few times.