Sunday, September 11, 2011

Silver Falls- Mt. Rainier

Nope, I am not THAT far behind. We took these just a couple weeks ago on Mt Rainier they still had quite a bit of snow! We went on a hike our friends told us about and couldn't resist getting into the snow!

The far peak is Mt. Rainier. It is so lovely up there. It made me feel like the Swiss Alps, not that I have ever been to the Swiss Alps but it was what I thought of :)
The rest of the pictures were taken on our hike. We realize now that the friends that told us about this "easy, family friendly hike" were in much better shape then us. They also told us it was easier then Doughnut Falls. We are thinking they have never been to Doughnut Falls either :). We didn't get up there until 4. I didn't pack snacks or water. It was mostly up hill or down hill and 3 miles. It had to be the most BEAUTIFUL hike I have ever been on. It really made me fall in love with Washington even more.

This was Lee and Keaton on the trail. Savannah had to be carried a lot of the way down. She did pretty great on the way up though!

This is the river coming off the falls. The pictures really don't do it justice. It is really prettier then a postcard!

This is the falls. I should have taken a video! It was so LOUD and majestic!

Here are the kids and I at another falls along the trail..also, lovely!

This is how Annie rode most of the way. By the time we got to the bottom her bum was soaked in Lee's sweat....yuck.

Here is the kids and I at the start of the hike. It was all just breathtaking. Every 10 feet was a photo op!
Annie and Keaton at the visitors center at the base of the campground. There is also a LOVELY campground that we need to talk the Jonsson's into coming up to!


Pretty washed out but I LOVE the wild ferns growing all over. We are loving hiking as a family and exploring the Pacific Northwest!

1 comment:

Kara said...

Imma come! I love the PCNW, too!