Tuesday, February 19, 2008

FHE

We had a home run FHE tonight for our little family. My friend Dana had done something similar in sharing time and the kids LOVED it. I thought I would adapt it to out little family. We talked about Samuel the Lamanite. We looked at the picture and had Keaton tell us what he noticed in it. He noticed that people were throwing things at a guy on a wall that had a stick. We put Daddy on a chair and wrapped a robe on him (a bed sheet), and threw crumpled up magazine pages at him while he told his message. Keaton loved it and we all had to take turns being Samuel and giving the message. He even took his turn and told us to, "repent, Jesus is coming!!!". We then sang the Samuel Christmas song. I think sometimes the easiest things are the best for 2 year olds. Has anyone else had any "home run" ideas for FHE? Especially if you have a young audience?

7 comments:

Laurel said...

What a great idea!!! I am never opposed to throwing things at Tom!

Tif said...

So cute. I love the idea. I may steal it from you for my kids. Family Home Evening is so fun. We look forward to it every week.

The Firths said...

We run into the same thing with our two trouble makers. I love the idea though. We'll let you know if we find anything that would work.

jamirodana said...

Kira, do to www.deseretbook.com/mormon-life
for more ideas. You will scroll down and look on the right for FHE topics. you can download many lessons and take the parts you like for younger children.
I do it all of the time. It gives you song idea, scripture, story, and a treat idea too.

Kira said...

Thanks Dana!

lesley said...

Our last ward had a group of people who did an FHE idea exchange group for young children. I have wondered if there would be enough interest here for something like that, maybe a focus group or something. Anyway, I have a ton of packets with ideas if you ever want to browse. And I have those hand outs for you too!

Kira said...

Lesley you have a deal! I wonder if we could incorporate that into the play group even. That would be cool. I will be by this week :)