Thursday, February 28, 2008

Hardware Ranch

Lee and Keaton checking out the horses.
What a rack!


Eating the ranch provided alfalfa.


Moose feeding.


So if you know Lee and I very well you know we like to "go". We are not very good at sitting in the house all day.




Lee has been trying for 4 years to get me to go check out Hardware Ranch just outside of Logan. For some reason I never really got into it until this year. We went last weekend and it was GREAT! On our way up the canyon we saw some Moose feeding in the river. When we got up there it was so interesting, tons of information. For $5 (I think kids under 4 are free) they take you out into the herd (over 600 Elk) by horse drawn sleigh. At Hardware Ranch they feed the Elk during the winter to keep them healthy and out of the nearby towns. They also do lots of testing to prevent widespread disease. It was a great family activity, Keaton loved it! Also, while you are up in Logan be sure you go to "Logans Heroes" for Lunch, YUMMY!!!
Here is a link to the Hardware Ranch site for directions/ etc.

3 comments:

Laurel said...

How fun!!!

Chris and Tara said...

That looks like so much fun. I lived in Cache Valley for years and never went. I knew they fed the elk in winter but didn't know you could go out into the herd. That is so cool. I sense a trip coming in Chris' and my future. Also, the pictures of the moose are great. They are my favorite animal (not sure why) and most of my Christmas decorations are moose. It looks like you had a lot of fun.

paperjunk-lc said...

If we saw that much snow in Dallas we'd raid the grocery store and the video store and hibernate for a few days!
Looks like lots of fun.

Thanks for posting on my blog!