Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Favorite FInds- February!

Here are my favorite finds for February-
First I have to tell you about The Nester. You will find her in my Favorite Blogs link on the side. She has become a family favorite. My sisters, cousins, and I are obsessed. We spend way too much time at family dinners talking about our Nester projects now. The Nester is amazing because she truly not only decorates on a dime, she does it with charisma, charm, and little effort. ANYONE could do her projects. Trust me when you link make sure you have a good couple of hours since you will want to read to the end.
Next, don't know how the Nester is going to like being followed up by Pineapple but trust me this is a good one. Has anyone else bought the new Dole Pineapple 100% Gold. YUM, we went to Hawaii last year, we know what Pineapple is supposed to taste like. This is it (with no sugar added). Worth the extra pennies.
Once again Keaton and I are trying a new adventure. Keaton is under 3 so he gets into all kinds off cool places free still. Nice for me. I just got a pass to the Aviary. JUST 20 bucks for me for a YEAR. With that pass there are so many cool reciprocal programs. I get into the zoo on the first Thurs. for FREE. The Dinosaur park any weekday.....FREE. The Aquarium (which we had passes to last year and is fun to see), 1/2 price. We are pretty excited. Defiantly something to check into. (Also if you travel there are many Zoos' nationwide you can get into....FREE).
Lastly, KINDERMUSIK with KIM http://kmkim.kindermusik.net . Keaton and I signed up for this for this semester. Honestly, the first week was horrible and I was trying to think of how to get out of it. You sing and dance with your kid, not exactly within my comfort level with strangers. To make matters worse Keaton was too shy the first week too so he just sat back with his, "you are really making a fool of yourself Mom" face. He wouldn't participate at all. He also kept trying to escape, "not without me!", I thought. BUT.....after that first week of breaking down our insecurities. We LOVE it. We are so excited to go to the "singsong" class. It is a great time for organized play, that is educational. It also has taught me a lot more on how to play with him at home, to increase learning. As an added note: the second week she also added gates to keep Keatster in. What a help!

6 comments:

The Nester said...

Kira, oh honey just move on over nest, I mean next door to me and stroke me like that every day... my ego is just not big enough after ready your kind words!!
Girl, you are too much! I feel like part of your family and I am so happy to be in the same post as your delish pineapple!

The Nester said...

I mean after your really kind words...I think. I have no idea what I meant. but you get the idea. right.

must go to bed....

lesley said...

What is this pineapple gold? I didn't see it in the store today. I used to be a really picky pineapple eater, i would only by dole anyway. Now i am married and poor and eat pretty much whatever but I will try that for sure.
I am glad your kindermusik class is working out now. Maybe i will try that with Abigail in the future.

Andy and Kimi said...

oohh..such good tips, thanks for sharing!! Also, I'm ndso glad that Keaton likes Kindermusik.

The Firths said...

Don't get me wrong, I'd have a horrible time with the singing and dancing...

I'm glad that its something that you enjoy now. The Nester was pretty good too. Jen would like that.

Kira said...

It is the 100% juice sweetened Pineapple. Dole Tropical Gold. They have it by the case at Costco. Enjoy!