Monday, April 7, 2008

Favorite finds- March!

This a little late but we have been out of town. I have had a great month of "finds".

First of all I have to tell you about Priceline (priceline.com). I have never used them since I was always worried I would get "Joes Back Alley Motel" and even at $30 that is NO deal. When we were planning our week away to San Diego we knew we wanted to stay in the city a couple of nights (the other nights we stayed with my sister in Murrieta....gotta love family :). I looked into rooms in the area we wanted to stay (Mission Valley) and couldn't find anything less then $120 that was a good hotel. I was frustrated to say the least. My sister talked me into Priceline. I didn't know you could pick the area of the city, the star level of the hotel, etc. They are all name brand hotels. We got a room for 2 nights at the La Quinta for....$40 a night. I started at $25 and went up to $40. It was SO clean, the staff was very friendly and accommodating, and free breakfast (great budget helper :).

Second, in an ongoing effort to cut back I think knowledge is the biggest problem. My friend told me about this website. It lists many restaurants and good choices you can make there. Check it out!
http://www.dwlz.com/restaurants.html
I need to get going on our vacation post that will have to be it for now :)

2 comments:

Amy said...

you are the deal queen! I love dwlz.com perfect for being healthy and ahead of the game! Love you!

lesley said...

I'm excited to see pictures from your trip! (hint, hint) ;)