Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Enjoy your moments

I just got back from the funeral of my friends husband. He was only 30 and was quickly taken by cancer. I have reflected a lot about this since his passing last Friday. I have cried many tears, asked many questions, and have had a general feeling of worry for this dear friend.
I am glad I went to the funeral today (does anyone ever think that?). It was good to see the strong support system she has to get her through this. She has a boy Keatons' age, and a one year old. I found strength from HER testimony. She KNOWS she will see him again. She KNOWS that he has work to do on the other side. She KNOWS he will still look after her and the boys just from a different vantage point.
I was crying last night to Lee telling him that really I could handle any trial life gave me with him by my side. I just didn't know how I would handle it if something happened to him. I realized today there are some holes in my faith. I need to refocus on my relationship with my God and Saviour. I need to regather my strength that I get from them. I need to be sure that God forbid I am ever in that situation I can handle it with the grace, faith, and courage that my dear friend Kristy has.
It was interesting that her husband said as he was dying that he truly had lived a great life. He had no regrets. Can we all say that? Be sure tonight you cuddle up to that special one and let them know what they mean to you. Life is fleeting.....

3 comments:

Andy and Kimi said...

Beautifully said, Kira.
P.S. Congrats!!

Amy said...

It is so true I need to work on my testimony more. thanks for the reminder about our eternal perspective.

The Firths said...

Thank you for sharing. I hope that I'd be able to have such a positive outlook.