Saturday, January 17, 2009

Annual Spring Park City Trip!

The last two months the "News" has been tempting us with all the great deals we will be able to find after Christmas with the poor retail sales this season. I was wondering if it was going to pan out.
Anyone who knows me knows I try to buy a majority of our kids clothes in Park City in September and January. This last October....kinda disappointing. This January.... AWESOME. Here are some deals you might want to head up for.
P.S. If you are going to go to Osh Kosh or Carters let me know I have some coupons.


I have been looking for some new boots for Keaton. He uses them like crazy so I wanted some good quality ones. I found these at Children's Place (as a note CP had the fewest bargains) for $12. I had to buy some sparkly stuff for our little lady too. The retail $48.62.....paid....22.28.
Old Navy had additional 1/2 off their clearance. I got Keatons coat for next year.... ELEVEN BUCKS!!!! The retail for my O.N. purchase $95.85.... PAID 22.28. Not too shabby!
This was my SECOND trip back to Carters. I had to go back for the snow suit. The lavender snow suit (size 2) has separate snow pants and a warm fur rimmed/ embroidered coat (please note I really wanted the pink.... out in the right size) that set alone retailed at $65. Total retail 165.13.... PAID 29.28.
Gap was not too shabby either. They had additional 30% off their clearance. I REALLY needed new brown shoes for Keaton and wanted something leather. The brown leather shoes were 40% off so they were only $11 and this season Gap. Total retail 96.58... PAID 35.72.

Osh Kosh had this big section of $1.99 little miss clothes. I got two pants, two zip up hoodies, two dressy shirts, and a DARLING corduroy jumper. The retail 167.87.... PAID 14.98. HOW CAN YOU GO WRONG?
The first Carters trip takes the next TWO pictures. My favs? Carters footie jammies, sparkly pink sweater, and a PETTI SKIRT!!!! Total retail 325.12... PAID 45.48.



I plan this out. I save my pennies for the deals. I find if I can get things off season I don't ever pay retail. When you are living on pennies this is crucial to really pinch them. I also really care about quality. I would much rather pay $12 for CP boots for next year then $18 for Wal-Mart ones next fall (my M.I.L. is always sure I am going to guess wrong on sizes, I have never had trouble with that, I always shoot high then I can get even more wear out of them). Hope this helps. Let me know if you get any great deals elsewhere!
P.S. Grand total retail 899.17.... paid 170.02 for over FIFTY pieces!!!!

10 comments:

Rachel said...

I had the same luck at the Gateway! I found two pair of pants at American Eagle for $17 each marked down from $40, The Gap for $15 marked down from $50, and at Old Navy $15 marked down from $29. I think retailers are just scrambling to move inventory that they don't care what they sell it for, just as long as they sell it! Works for me! Can't wait to meet you new little lady!

Amara said...

Wow. You are the master at "spaving". Seriously. I wish I was that smart about that sort of thing.

Shawnee said...

Wow. What great deals! I love bargains like that!

Tif said...

I really need you to go shopping with me. It sounds like you are lucky in that area. I never find deals that good!

Linda said...

Sweet! Park City here we come!

Deja said...

I like all the pink sparkly flowery pretty things. Can't wait to meet the baby girl.

The Firths said...

I've got to send Jen one of these times...

Amy said...

So cute! Well shopped.

Anonymous said...

Amazing! And your little girl will look so sweet in her pink pretties!

belann said...

That's why you were the store manager. You have a good head for numbers and figuring things out in advance.