Friday, January 23, 2009

Childrens books

Keaton and I love to read. We would cuddle all day in bed and read if given the time. We read when we wake up for 15 minutes or so and then we read at nap time as well (yes, you heard me right for some reason the little fella decided he wanted to nap again.....3 weeks STRAIGHT, my Heavenly Father must have decided to bless me :). The problem is the last couple of times I have picked out DUDS. Usually we get two or three good ones we can read time and time again and only a couple of one timers. We love great funny, or interesting stories. He also loves to learn about stuff (right now we have 4 non-fiction shark books we have to read before we can move on). You guys really came through on the books for me. I am still using that list. What can you do for my little Keaton?
P.S. Roar of a Snore.....a GREAT kids book!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have probably already read this, but one of my favorites was "There's a Nightmare in My Closet." I also remember liking the Berstain Bears books, and all of the mercer mayer little critter books were some of my favs too.

jamirodana said...

I love funny books. Every now and then I stumble upon a cute and funny book from the library.
Yay for naps! I took one today!

belann said...

The "Diary of a Worm," "Diary of a Fly" and other "Diary of's...are fun and educational.

Pretty Organizer said...

I need to get that one! Okay one of my favorite: Mars Needs Moms. We gave it to Milo for Christmas last year if you want to borrow it. Great illustrations and Chad cried at the end. Ahhhh....

Skippy John Jones series is pretty funny. Especially if you grew up in San Diego and know what the accent is like... it's hysterical.

Love you cuz:) Kids all in bed early tonight. Extra time for surfing.